πŸŽ‰πŸ’šπŸ˜ŽπŸ’š LOKI THEMED PARTY! πŸ’šπŸŠπŸ’š ✨ How-to: Loki-inspired cupcakes, drinks, and gift bags

 


If you haven't heard buzz about the Disney+ show Loki over the past few weeks, you may have been on holiday, visiting another realm or planet. This blog isn't going to give you spoilers or catch you up to speed on the show. If you need to do that, please feel free to Google search "Loki" and get that info elsewhere. Instead, I'm here with the glorious purpose of providing some ideas for throwing a Loki-themed party! I did it for my birthday, but you can also use these ideas for a watch party or theme night with friends and/or fam.


The first thing I did was head to Dollar Tree or Walmart to get some inexpensive supplies!  I bought gold and green disposable tablecloths, plates, napkins and cutlery.  I also grabbed some green glow bracelets for extra fun!



For my treat bags, I put in mini Poptarts (as a nod to Thor), Avengers fruit snacks, Andies mints, mini Milky Way bars, and some green Lifesaver candies
 
 

 
I created a super easy party mix by throwing the green mint-flavoured and brown and gold English toffee-flavoured M&M's in with a bag of Honey Nut Chex Mix.

For my cupcakes, I added a tablespoon of spirulina powder into my box mix of German chocolate cake, which I prepared according to the instructions on the package, to add a tint of green.




To decorate, I attempted to create small versions of Loki's iconic horned helmet. I grabbed some circles (from the Chex Mix) and small sized pretzels. I heated butterscotch flavoured baking pieces in the microwave, stirring ever ten seconds, until smooth and melted. I broke the "horns" from my small pretzels and used the melted butterscotch as glue to attach them to the circles.



 
Using a pair of chopsticks, I then dunked the miniature "horned helmets/crowns" that I made into the butterscotch to coat them completely and let it cool on some foil (wax paper works too!). Pieces of a drinking straw, wrapped in foil, helped hold everything in place until they hardened.
 



 
I iced my cupcakes with both some coconut pecan icing and green icing, then topped with the "helmets" and some gold sprinkles. A few sparkling cubes of minty gum stood in for the Tessaract!

For the main course, I served a Tex-Mex version of Mobius' salad with tomatoes, green jalapeΓ±os, black olives, and queso on a bed of lettuce, along with green guacamole chips and salsa verde.


I made my family-friendly green drink by mixing three parts Diet Mountain Dew to one part blue Gatorade Zero, then added two lemon wedges to the rim to look like Loki's horns!


If you haven't already, check out Loki on Disney+ and get ready to party! 


 
"Another!"


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΈVegan Bahamian Macaroni & Cheese Recipe and Cooking Tutorial πŸ§€